no one will ever understand the deep fucking connection I have with this film
For real though
John Hughes was the king of cinema for generations of teenagers.
Such an important film. There hasn’t been a coming-of-age film like it since. Truly. It’s a lost genre. Also an incredible soundtrack full of great music from its era.
- Augustus Waters: "May I see you again?"
- Hazel Grace: "Sure."
- Augustus Waters: "Tomorrow?"
- Hazel Grace: "Patience, grasshopper. You don't want to seem overeager."
- Augustus Waters: "Right, that's why I said tomorrow. I want to see you again tonight. But I'm willing to wait all night and much of tomorrow. I'm serious."
- Hazel Grace: "You don't even know me. How about I call you when I finish this?"
- Augustus Waters: "But you don't even have my phone number."
- Hazel Grace: "I strongly suspect you wrote it in this book."
- Augustus Waters: "And you say we don't know each other."